Thursday, February 27, 2014

On the Cusp of Lent

Since I'm 1 week into this project I figured it's about time to outline what you should be able to expect of me and what I hope to be inspiring in you as well.

You may have noticed there was one day in the past week where there was no posts.  I will not be posting on Sundays because that is the Lord's day.  It is my time with my family and God.  We made a resolution back in January that we would not make others work on Sundays, including ourselves whenever possible.  We promised to remember the Lord's Day and keep it holy.  I don't like to think of this blog causing "work" so we'll just consider Sundays to be your "catch up day" for posts you may have missed.

With Lent around the corner I will also not be publishing on Fridays for religious reasons.  I will be spending the time I would have spent working on the blog post praying the Stations of the Cross and in other devotions as well as time with my family.  And trying very, very hard to stay away from the brownies...

Each year I try to spend my Lent doing four things - I try to make strides in my faith life in four new ways.  Often these become habits I continue long term so I consider them very carefully.  Prior examples of this would be praying the Rosary daily, giving up all beverages except water, and choosing an act of service I can perform to better my community.
This year I am committing myself to the following:



  1. Praying a Rosary, a Divine Mercy Chaplet, and the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary daily.
  2. Learn how to make wire wrap and corded rosaries, offering the former for sale and donating one of the latter for each sold to veteran's hospitals for Catholic Chaplains to distribute. 
  3. Limiting my Facebook time to no more than 2 hours per day. 
  4. Walk 1.5 miles per day so by the end of Lent I will have "walked a Rosary" - each bead representing 1 mile (59 beads per Rosary + crucifix + center), 
  5. Skirting Up for Lent!  Offering this up during Lent for the intentions of the group running Skirting Up an act of reparation.

I'm interested to know, what are your plans for Lent?  How are you going to use this time to increase your faith? 

No comments:

Post a Comment